sc. Clan
Welcome to the home of the Scare Clan sc. Please be respectful and welcome.
sc. Clan
Welcome to the home of the Scare Clan sc. Please be respectful and welcome.
sc. Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WELCOME TO THE HOME OF THE SCARE CLAN

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How not to be a noob. I hope many of you read this.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
EarlSwag

How not to be a noob. I hope many of you read this. Empty
PostSubject: How not to be a noob. I hope many of you read this.   How not to be a noob. I hope many of you read this. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 11:48 am

Let me say first that I use the term "noob" to mean a less experienced player. In no way do I intend it to be a derogatory term. Below are some things you should or shouldn't do that will help your team win and your skill improve. These are only a few of the survival tactics I have used since I started playing COD1 (I miss the Kar98K). I hope you will be able to incorporate these tactics into your game play and be the best player you can be.

SHOOT DOWN THE HELI: The most effective weapon to take down the heli is the LMG. The RPG is more powerful but less accurate. As an LMG carrier, you are a support gunner, and as such, when that heli comes out, support your team by shooting it down. If you park somewhere with that big bad boy gun and someone cries and calls you an LMG camper, ignore them. That's your job if you carry that weapon.

DON'T CAMP AT YOUR SPAWN POINT: This is one of the biggest mistakes newer players make and will guarantee that your team will lose the match. Although you may feel safer by not having to run far from your spawn, your team will continue to spawn at that point if you stay there. The effect is your team gets pinned down at that spot and people on your team start calling their opponents spawn killers. Well, if your always spawning in the same spot, what choice does your opponent have?

DON'T BLOCK DOORS, HALLS, ETC.: I can't count the number of times I've been killed because someone thought is was a good idea to camp in a doorway and I got stuck in a room with a live grenade. Don't do this. There are plenty of places to stop and release hellfire without blocking your team's line of traffic.

BIND YOUR LEAN KEYS: Unlike the console game, COD4 on the PC lets you lean around corners instead of having to walk around them to see what's there. Go into options/controls and bind keys to "lean left" and "lean right". If you use A and D for turn left and turn right, use Q and E for lean left and lean right. Your head poking around a corner is a much smaller target and harder to hit than your entire body standing there.

LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAP: This goes to binding your lean keys. Before you run into that room or into the middle of a street, look to see what's out there. Unless you are positive no baddies are there to take your life, it's best to proceed with caution (without blocking doors, etc. to do it).

Maintain the mentality that the winning team not only killed the most, but also died the least. There's a certain satisfaction that comes with being able to say "You didn't kill me" instead of only "I killed you". Thanks for your time in reading through this. I'll see you in game.
Back to top Go down
sc.CroW|C
Commander
Commander
sc.CroW|C

How not to be a noob. I hope many of you read this. Empty
PostSubject: Re: How not to be a noob. I hope many of you read this.   How not to be a noob. I hope many of you read this. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 2:20 pm

Good info thanks....I reiterate if you have a LMG shoot the damn heli down first.
Back to top Go down
https://scareclan.forumotion.com

How not to be a noob. I hope many of you read this.
Page 1 of 1