sc. Clan
Welcome to the home of the Scare Clan sc. Please be respectful and welcome.
sc. Clan
Welcome to the home of the Scare Clan sc. Please be respectful and welcome.
sc. Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WELCOME TO THE HOME OF THE SCARE CLAN

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just decided to make a new rig setup (thoughts).. whats everyone's opinion?

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
sc.neVar<3|C
Commander
Commander
sc.neVar<3|C

Just decided to make a new rig setup (thoughts).. whats everyone's opinion? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just decided to make a new rig setup (thoughts).. whats everyone's opinion?   Just decided to make a new rig setup (thoughts).. whats everyone's opinion? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 11:20 am

I cant see them because im on my phone.. idk if it worked or not.
Back to top Go down
sc.Toxic*|C
Administrator
Administrator
sc.Toxic*|C

Just decided to make a new rig setup (thoughts).. whats everyone's opinion? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just decided to make a new rig setup (thoughts).. whats everyone's opinion?   Just decided to make a new rig setup (thoughts).. whats everyone's opinion? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 12:07 pm

I did not see any pics Razz
Back to top Go down
http://chownsecurity.com
sc.RaGnaR|C
Administrator
Administrator
sc.RaGnaR|C

PostSubject: Re: Just decided to make a new rig setup (thoughts).. whats everyone's opinion?   Just decided to make a new rig setup (thoughts).. whats everyone's opinion? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 6:00 pm

Nevar, thanks for mentioning it, I see now that you have the newer version with better timings.
The older version of this kit only did 9-10-9-28 1t at 1866 and only on quad channel set-up, going cas 10 on dual channel set-ups if i remember correctly.
The new version is def improved and you should be able to see close to if not over 2000mhz with some tweaking and more relaxed timings, as with the Corsair kit.

I don't know what i'm doing wrong with hosting pictures...Question 
Back to top Go down
sc.neVar<3|C
Commander
Commander
sc.neVar<3|C

PostSubject: Re: Just decided to make a new rig setup (thoughts).. whats everyone's opinion?   Just decided to make a new rig setup (thoughts).. whats everyone's opinion? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 6:26 pm

That's weird. Think I should try to aim for a higher mhz on the RAM? I felt 1866 was a good number Mad.. if not, what is?
Just decided to make a new rig setup (thoughts).. whats everyone's opinion? - Page 2 758b1d10

And just an attempt at hosting a completely random photo.
(It's the middle option)
Back to top Go down
sc.RaGnaR|C
Administrator
Administrator
sc.RaGnaR|C

PostSubject: Re: Just decided to make a new rig setup (thoughts).. whats everyone's opinion?   Just decided to make a new rig setup (thoughts).. whats everyone's opinion? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 7:17 pm

Most ppl say that anything over 1600 with todays platforms has a negligible increase in performance.
ddr = around 400mhz, ddr2 = 667-1343mhz, ddr3 = 1066-3000mhz.
Well for the most part, there is some thruth to that but...
When I built this pc X-MAS 2007-2008 I chose to run some 1066mhz sticks because they game me more headroom and tweaking possibilities for my overclocking but I was also running ddr3 speeds with tighter timings 5-5-5-15@1066. I am glad I chose 1066 now just as I am glad I chose a 4 core cpu when everyone was telling me (games only use 2 cores)...lol >>>Now all the new games use AT LEAST 4 cores, some can use 8...
I have a test which I tried to run as scientifically correct as possible in which I used a Far Cry 2 benchmark to determine what effects memory speeds and timings have on games.

Of coarse some games are more memory hungry than others but what I found was that FC2 loves speed more than tight timings. But of coarse both are important.
As soon as I find my records I will post them here. I think you will find the results are self-explanatory for that particular game.
Back to top Go down
sc.RaGnaR|C
Administrator
Administrator
sc.RaGnaR|C

PostSubject: Re: Just decided to make a new rig setup (thoughts).. whats everyone's opinion?   Just decided to make a new rig setup (thoughts).. whats everyone's opinion? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 8:20 pm

When I want to post a pic I choose "Host an image" then I choose browse, choose one and hit upload, then host it, then save. But nothing happens.
Am I doing this correctly? Seems like I am.

Last edited by sc.RaGnaR|C on Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sc.RaGnaR|C
Administrator
Administrator
sc.RaGnaR|C

PostSubject: Re: Just decided to make a new rig setup (thoughts).. whats everyone's opinion?   Just decided to make a new rig setup (thoughts).. whats everyone's opinion? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 8:40 pm

I think my pics are too big. Does JPEG format work?
Back to top Go down
sc.RaGnaR|C
Administrator
Administrator
sc.RaGnaR|C

PostSubject: Re: Just decided to make a new rig setup (thoughts).. whats everyone's opinion?   Just decided to make a new rig setup (thoughts).. whats everyone's opinion? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 10:14 pm

Toxic, you have a cool avatar, looks real nice.
Nevar, you are better looking than I thought. Wink
Back to top Go down
sc.neVar<3|C
Commander
Commander
sc.neVar<3|C

PostSubject: Re: Just decided to make a new rig setup (thoughts).. whats everyone's opinion?   Just decided to make a new rig setup (thoughts).. whats everyone's opinion? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 12:29 am

sc.RaGnaR|C wrote:
Nevar, you are better looking than I thought.  Wink
Haha, why thank you. xD
Back to top Go down
sc.Toxic*|C
Administrator
Administrator
sc.Toxic*|C

PostSubject: Re: Just decided to make a new rig setup (thoughts).. whats everyone's opinion?   Just decided to make a new rig setup (thoughts).. whats everyone's opinion? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 3:10 pm

Thanks Ragnar,
and I see you now have one with your name on it ..Looks Good Smile
Back to top Go down
sc.RaGnaR|C
Administrator
Administrator
sc.RaGnaR|C

PostSubject: Re: Just decided to make a new rig setup (thoughts).. whats everyone's opinion?   Just decided to make a new rig setup (thoughts).. whats everyone's opinion? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 4:51 pm

LOL>>> Did you read what it says?

Back to top Go down
sc.Toxic*|C
Administrator
Administrator
sc.Toxic*|C

PostSubject: Re: Just decided to make a new rig setup (thoughts).. whats everyone's opinion?   Just decided to make a new rig setup (thoughts).. whats everyone's opinion? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 5:38 pm

"No Use running" ...lol nice Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just decided to make a new rig setup (thoughts).. whats everyone's opinion?   Just decided to make a new rig setup (thoughts).. whats everyone's opinion? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just decided to make a new rig setup (thoughts).. whats everyone's opinion?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2