sc. Clan
Welcome to the home of the Scare Clan sc. Please be respectful and welcome.
sc. Clan
Welcome to the home of the Scare Clan sc. Please be respectful and welcome.
sc. Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WELCOME TO THE HOME OF THE SCARE CLAN

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spawn Kill?

Go down 
+5
sc.Mac-Daddy|C
sc.ThuMper|C
sc.RaGnaR|C
sc.CroW|C
sc.Drifter|A
9 posters
AuthorMessage
sc.Drifter|A
Administrator
Administrator

Spawn Kill? Empty
PostSubject: Spawn Kill?   Spawn Kill? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 7:27 pm

My definition of a spawn kill is when you set up on a spawn site and wait for someone to appear, and then you kill him.  However, there are some people that linger in spawn sites and think they are at safe harbor. When I'm running around shooting and flashing and nading people picking their noses at spawn sites, does this make me a spawn killer?  I just kicked someone for accusing me of spawn killing, well and also, because he said bs when I knifed as he was spraying with a lmg.  Please let me know your definition of a spawn kill.
Back to top Go down
sc.CroW|C
Commander
Commander
sc.CroW|C

Spawn Kill? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn Kill?   Spawn Kill? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 12:08 am

...a spawn kill is when you sit with your sights on the spawn point and when a person appears you cap that ass. If they are sitting in the spawn camping they are fair game.
Back to top Go down
https://scareclan.forumotion.com
sc.RaGnaR|C
Administrator
Administrator
sc.RaGnaR|C

Spawn Kill? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn Kill?   Spawn Kill? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 7:47 pm

Thank you Drifter and Crow for what I consider to be a perfect explanation..

I have nothing to add.
Back to top Go down
sc.ThuMper|C
Commander
Commander
sc.ThuMper|C

Spawn Kill? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn Kill?   Spawn Kill? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 9:30 pm

well my own thoughts on this is if a player is going to spawn point to spawn point to get cheap kills should be against the rules. now maybe that how they do it in the pros but were not a pro server
Back to top Go down
http://wtm1469@sbcglobal.net
sc.CroW|C
Commander
Commander
sc.CroW|C

Spawn Kill? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn Kill?   Spawn Kill? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 10:45 pm

Any player that spawns and then camps there deserves to be killed. I give them a three second head start if i see them spawn as i am approaching a spawn point or zero if they fire first.
Back to top Go down
sc.Mac-Daddy|C
Administrator
Administrator
sc.Mac-Daddy|C

Spawn Kill? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn Kill?   Spawn Kill? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 2:48 am

spawn kills will happen, even when you are running around, its timing. i dont care about those. its gonna happen. but like crow said , aiming in plain sight and shoot when they spawn isnt fair. you cant control where you spawn. spawn kills are way more prevalent in tdm matches. there are only so many spawn points. and up to 30 people in the server, look out baby. it does get irritating when you die 5 times in 7 steps....but i really don't see much of a problem on our servers..
Back to top Go down
sc.Toxic*|C
Administrator
Administrator
sc.Toxic*|C

Spawn Kill? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn Kill?   Spawn Kill? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 6:06 pm

Yes Spawn Kills Happen!! But should be the Fly By's and the - Oh you would kill me if I don't kill you type of thing and not run to Spawn point to Pawn point in hope of a easy kill  Rolling Eyes  and then there is the obvious Lay in Wait close to a spawn point in hopes of someone 6' off the spawn point (trying not to look like a spawn killer) and get the kill, some more advanced players will jump out of they way and kill the S.O.B. - but less able will die on the spot, this could be thought of as a Cheap Kill tactic and should be frown upon in my opinion.  And I don't think I need to Talk about the Oblivious point at the spawn point and get kill after kill as we all wont accept that anyway
Back to top Go down
http://chownsecurity.com
sc.RaGnaR|C
Administrator
Administrator
sc.RaGnaR|C

Spawn Kill? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn Kill?   Spawn Kill? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 9:42 pm

I again agree with Crow, Drifter and now Mac.
I respect the opinion of my confrères, BUT. Weather we like it or not, this is the nature of this game.
There are some aspects of it we just can't change and if we are going to bring about that level of accuracy concerning rules for spawning then we might as well vote in and enforce a new rule that forbids players with too low or too high ping to be able to play on our server.
Surely this is a much worst scenario than just getting spawned once in awhile as it affects your whole gameplay fairness.
Before we know it NO ONE is going to play on our servers and we can all throw rocks at each other.
But not at spawn points...
Back to top Go down
sc.Toxic*|C
Administrator
Administrator
sc.Toxic*|C

Spawn Kill? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn Kill?   Spawn Kill? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 10:42 pm

Oh and Yes RagNar -TY I meant to throw in as I was adding to the point (not detracting) that Drifter, Mac & Crow is correct If they sit there (longer than just coming ito the game) on a spawn point Agreed Fair game Smile as we should not want to leave that person on the spawn point anyway and I find it rewarding releving them of there post ...hehehe
Back to top Go down
http://chownsecurity.com
sc.PetiteMoose|A
Administrator
Administrator

Spawn Kill? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn Kill?   Spawn Kill? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 12:57 am

As the majority have stated, a spawn Killer sits and waits for someone to appear and they are immediately shot and killed. That is an obvious definition that we all agree on.
I watch for those players that hang out at spawn points and wait for the slightest movement and take the shot OR camp the one and only escape route from that spawn point. I warn them then will give them a kick to let them know I was not kidding or to encourage them to get a Translation dictionary to figure out why they were kicked.
While running around the different maps, I have even made a kill at a spawn point. I feel bad as I assume they just spawned there but it happens. What I do not like is those players that make a habit of it. Just because you aren't parked at one spawn point does not release you from being a spawn killer / camper IMO. There was a player whose name escapes me that went from spawn point to spawn point and would shoot at each player within a few feet of the spawn point. In My Opinion, this is a spawn killer and I will kick them for doing that. When you watch them, it is obvious that this is the tactic they use.
I have heard that on the Pro servers, this is allowed or just part of the game. I do not approve of it and will not allow it if I can help it. I think that those are cheap points and do not see it as an appropriate way to act. If you have played the game long enough to know the spawn points, you should have enough skill to play the game as it was intended to be played.

just my .02
Back to top Go down
sc.Drifter|A
Administrator
Administrator

Spawn Kill? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn Kill?   Spawn Kill? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 1:34 am

Thanks for all your well thought out replies.  I have gained a bit broader horizon on this matter.  My game play is generally about getting a good shot from a far off moving target; I don't play for cheap points just to win.  It just takes the fun out when someone accuses me spawn killing, and I wanted to vent.  Of course, If I catch you sleeping in a spawn spot, I'll shoot.
Back to top Go down
sc.PetiteMoose|A
Administrator
Administrator

Spawn Kill? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn Kill?   Spawn Kill? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 1:56 am

For the record, anyone accusing you of being a spawn killer is outta their mind. The accusation was retarded and you should not let it get to you. You are a very good, honorable player.
Back to top Go down
sc.ThuMper|C
Commander
Commander
sc.ThuMper|C

Spawn Kill? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn Kill?   Spawn Kill? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 2:19 am

well drifter u bringing this spawn kill to the forum was a good idea even no ur a noob was very good post and very good info
Back to top Go down
http://wtm1469@sbcglobal.net
sc.Drifter|A
Administrator
Administrator

Spawn Kill? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn Kill?   Spawn Kill? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 2:30 am

Thanks Moose and Thumper.

By the way Thumper, is that a goat in your passenger seat?
Back to top Go down
sc.Mac-Daddy|C
Administrator
Administrator
sc.Mac-Daddy|C

Spawn Kill? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn Kill?   Spawn Kill? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 3:50 am

So we are in agreement that spawn kills are acceptable, but spawn camping is not..Right??? :-)
Back to top Go down
sc.CroW|C
Commander
Commander
sc.CroW|C

Spawn Kill? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn Kill?   Spawn Kill? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 12:22 pm

Yes spawn kills are acceptable and unavoidable in some cases. Like stated earlier if someone hovers spawn points and constantly gets obvious spawn kills that is not. I perm banned the 187 clan leader for doing that a while back.
Back to top Go down
sc.RaGnaR|C
Administrator
Administrator
sc.RaGnaR|C

Spawn Kill? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn Kill?   Spawn Kill? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 6:27 pm

Drifter you've been such a nice person since I've known you in this clan that I feel bad everytime I get a bead on you...lol
Like Petitemoose said, anyone accusing you of spawning must be out of their minds.

Back to top Go down
sc.Drifter|A
Administrator
Administrator

Spawn Kill? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn Kill?   Spawn Kill? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 9:50 pm

Thanks Ragnar.
Back to top Go down
killingspree

Spawn Kill? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn Kill?   Spawn Kill? I_icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 5:50 pm

So tell and ILLITERATE Aussie one more time is spawn kill when somebody camps at the location where you spawn.or even if you kill from other end of map.
Back to top Go down
sc.PetiteMoose|A
Administrator
Administrator

Spawn Kill? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn Kill?   Spawn Kill? I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 12:03 am

Spawn Killing happens ... its an honest mistake as people run around and those spawning are enjoying a mini vacation or think that spawn points are kill free zones. I see people spawn and if they sit still for 2 - 3 seconds I will fire 1 round at them to get them moving. If they sit there further, I will take them out.

Spawn Camping is when another player puts himself in position that he can see the spawn point and when someone appears, he takes them out immediately. This is usually habitual and is completely forbidden.
Back to top Go down
killingspree

Spawn Kill? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn Kill?   Spawn Kill? I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 7:40 pm

Thank you Moose. Cool 
Back to top Go down
killingspree

Spawn Kill? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn Kill?   Spawn Kill? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2014 5:44 am

lol well got kicked by lefty. i think i was fair enough giving them time to move, honestly lefty if u did just to prove ur admin then my time playing here is over.
Back to top Go down
sc.Left4Dead|A
Administrator
Administrator
sc.Left4Dead|A

Spawn Kill? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn Kill?   Spawn Kill? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 11:34 pm

Killingspree, I do recall reminding you multiple times in the past not to spawn kill/camp and you blatantly did it this last time. I have been fair to you up to this point but you disrespect me when you ignore my requests. A person should not be judged by how they act when someone is watching, but how they act when they think no one is looking. You failed me this last time. Please don't do it again.
Back to top Go down
killingspree

Spawn Kill? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn Kill?   Spawn Kill? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 1:18 am

lefty u have never made previous requests to me and that is a blatent lie please have my name and and details removed from this clan/membership
thanks.
Back to top Go down
sc.Left4Dead|A
Administrator
Administrator
sc.Left4Dead|A

Spawn Kill? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn Kill?   Spawn Kill? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 10:56 am

You know I did multiple times and you acknowledged every one of them. Why are you changing your story now? What is your motive here? I am not trying to make you look bad or make your experience on our servers bad. I am all for you acknowledging the behavior and fixing it, seems pretty simple to me. No one is mad at you, I was just disappointed. You are the one that told me you would watch the spawn killing in the future. Your quick first reaction to "quit" not once but twice above (in your two last replies) tells me your experience on our servers has not been to your satisfaction for sometime now. Why don't you take a few days off and cool down and I am sure we can work this out when you get back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spawn Kill? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn Kill?   Spawn Kill? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spawn Kill?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
sc. Clan :: General Discussion-
Jump to: