sc. Clan
Welcome to the home of the Scare Clan sc. Please be respectful and welcome.
sc. Clan
Welcome to the home of the Scare Clan sc. Please be respectful and welcome.
sc. Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WELCOME TO THE HOME OF THE SCARE CLAN

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Temp banning people with no significant reason

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
[s*8].Munckey

Temp banning people with no significant reason Empty
PostSubject: Temp banning people with no significant reason   Temp banning people with no significant reason I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2015 6:33 am

Hey,

A member of s*8 has made me aware that previously today he was temp banned. Apparently what happened was this:

1. Some admin of ScareClan told the member to switch teams (the member was having the highest score and was not immediately the last person to join their team, so they would not have been auto-balanced, and in general should not have to switch sides).
2. The member asked why, and the response was "To balance the teams"
3. The member asked "Don't you have auto-balance or something?", which, apparently was not a tolerable question, so that lead to:
4. The member was temporarily banned.

Like I said, a person who was not the last person to join, and a person who is currently having the highest score, should not be forced to switch teams, or be temp banned. Instead, one, as an admin, should be patient and wait for the auto-balancer to kick in. T
he only reason to kick someone when it comes to this is if they are deliberately team-switching so that the teams are constantly uneven.

The member does not remember who the admin was, because it all went down so fast they didn't even have time to notice who he was being addressed and (wrongfully) banned by, so I will leave this as a means of making your higher ranks aware of this, and hopefully they will make it clear to all of your clan that this is not proper administrative code..

Thanks,

Munckey
Back to top Go down
Badger
Clan Member
Clan Member
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Temp banning people with no significant reason   Temp banning people with no significant reason I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 8:10 pm

AS a member...we understand that mistakes are made from time to time...however your member has as i understand it to make a complaint in person..as u can understand 2nd hand info or information from anther person some can get to be misinformation...can u tell us who the member of S*8 was to get hold of one of our ADMINS to follow up ..when where date times would help..

regards

BADGER
Back to top Go down
sc.Slayer|A
Administrator
Administrator
sc.Slayer|A

PostSubject: Re: Temp banning people with no significant reason   Temp banning people with no significant reason I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 5:32 am

If one team is doing much better and there is one clear player that is doing most of the killing there is just cause to ask them to switch teams. We are here to make this game fun for all not just your guy that may have more skill than others. We have problems with people that come in and murder people badly. If I see this I will ask them to tone it down/switch teams or I will kick them so they don't piss off other players and clear out the server. Sounds like your guy is just butt hurt that he got banned. I would have done the same thing in our admin in questions shoes. May I ask what your guys name is?

Have a nice day
Back to top Go down
sc.Toxic*|C
Administrator
Administrator
sc.Toxic*|C

PostSubject: Re: Temp banning people with no significant reason   Temp banning people with no significant reason I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 12:34 pm

I am not sure why the Original S*8 member was not the person who Posted on this? ...nor have I seen a post from that person on this matter backing up [s*8].Munckey on this post, that being said I am not trying to De-tract anything from this post, as maybe you have all the facts correct?, however as I believe all of our Admins are just trying to keep a balance for all players to have a positive experience on our servers, and as an Admin I know sometimes I make hasty judgment calls or sometimes wait too long to do something to keep the masses on the server happy, this is not always easy, nor is it very rewarding when things go wrong given your best efforts you sometimes still get the ridicule, - NO I was not the admin in this case however I must say I bet that person was only trying to do what he or she felt was the right thing at the right time, and short I bet most of us has been kicked from a server before, and if you above average player you’re more likely to have this happen more than once, if he is really good - I bet it's not the first time, and maybe he needs to just take it as a compliment that he is good and move on with his life, and maybe he has done just that as he did not care to do the actual posting about this event or chime in.

Toxic
Back to top Go down
http://chownsecurity.com
Badger
Clan Member
Clan Member
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Temp banning people with no significant reason   Temp banning people with no significant reason I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 12:08 am

well said guys
Back to top Go down
[s*8].Munckey

PostSubject: Re: Temp banning people with no significant reason   Temp banning people with no significant reason I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 11:48 am

I understand that it can be frustrating to play against someone who is very good, and I understand your reasoning. But I do not agree that it's fair to force the player in question to have to be switched over or not be on the server at all - we don't do it on our server, for instance.
The only way I can see that it would be fair, is to ask the player to tone it down, but as a person with some experience of being a gamer, I know that it is REALLY REALLY hard to tone down one's game-play, and it is, quite frankly, very dissatisfactious to be asked to do it in the first place. I think the "problem" is that you guys have such a populated server, so it's easy to get a ton of kills if you have just slightly more experience than the average player, and I really don't think there is a solution to that.

Like I mention in the OP, auto-balance is there for a reason, and if it so happens that the best player currently on the server is not getting switched automatically, that is just tough luck; but you don't kick them for being good.... if you ask me, at least.

I am not going to name names, and I am not interested in who was the admin at the time - I am just making a discussion about this in general.
Back to top Go down
sc.CroW|C
Commander
Commander
sc.CroW|C

PostSubject: Re: Temp banning people with no significant reason   Temp banning people with no significant reason I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 4:00 pm

We dont kick for the reasons you stated...If the server is rocking and the server does do autobalance on teams and it does not always pick the last place player I have been in the top three and moved to the other team a few times so it does happen. If the server traffic is being grossly disrupted due to an unruley or player that appears to be cheating I would not suspect an admin to take action to keep the gameplay at a maximum participation. We have been doing this for a very long time and the things that we have done have proven successful over the long haul. The needs of one do not overrun the needs of many. Yes this will prove to piss a few people off but in the end we are a pub server not competition and those are the standards we adopted and stand behind.
Back to top Go down
https://scareclan.forumotion.com
[s*8].Munckey

PostSubject: Re: Temp banning people with no significant reason   Temp banning people with no significant reason I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 8:23 am

CroW, I don't understand.. You say in the beginning of your reply that "We don't kick for the reasons you stated." So you are saying you don't kick people for being too good?

But in the end, you say "The needs of one do not overrun the needs of many. Yes this will prove to piss a few people off but in the end we are a pub server not competition and those are the standards we adopted and stand behind." So you DO kick people for being too good?

Or what are you saying? You seem to contradict yourself, unless there is something I'm missing. Do you or do you not have a norm that allows admins to kick a person if he/she is significantly better than the average, with no cheats, and no other enhancements?
Back to top Go down
sc.CroW|C
Commander
Commander
sc.CroW|C

PostSubject: Re: Temp banning people with no significant reason   Temp banning people with no significant reason I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 9:23 am

You clearly know my stance on that munckey I do not kick for a player having skills. But if a player appears to be cheating an admin or myself will kick. With that being said I give the benefit of the doubt and only kick after seeing several questionable things. It's like that on every server out there. My son nevar has been kicked from section8 and other servers several times in the past for cheating and I know for fact he don't since his cpu is a few feet away from mine. This topic is getting off point since the original was about auto balance teams which I explained in an earlier post.
Back to top Go down
https://scareclan.forumotion.com
[s*8].Munckey

PostSubject: Re: Temp banning people with no significant reason   Temp banning people with no significant reason I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 12:43 pm

My original post was meant to be about kicking people simply for being too good, sorry if I confused you Smile
So you are also saying that it is not ok to kick people for being too good? That's what I think too, but it appears some of your admins think it is ok to kick people for that. I have experienced it personally once, and the other day another s*8 member experienced it, but I don't mean to make this only about me and him, but people in general.
Like I mentioned earlier, the only reason to kick someone when it comes to team fairness is if someone keeps changing back after being auto-balanced - no-one should be forced to switch teams because they are too good, though, and they should definitely not be kicked for it.

I have never seen Nevar on our server, but he is welcome to come on there, and if he is kicked again, please let me know and I will ask my fellow admins what's going on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Temp banning people with no significant reason   Temp banning people with no significant reason I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Temp banning people with no significant reason
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
sc. Clan :: General Discussion-
Jump to: