sc. Clan
Welcome to the home of the Scare Clan sc. Please be respectful and welcome.
sc. Clan
Welcome to the home of the Scare Clan sc. Please be respectful and welcome.
sc. Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WELCOME TO THE HOME OF THE SCARE CLAN

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

High ping players

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

High ping players Empty
PostSubject: High ping players   High ping players I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2015 2:05 am

I don't understand how some high ping players are so good and hard to kill. I would think with a high ping it would be easier to kill them. Often, I have a harder time killing them, then I do with players with a ping close to mine. Just wondering. I am not very computer smart. Any idea or comment would be appreciated. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
sc.HateEmAll|A
Administrator
Administrator

High ping players Empty
PostSubject: Re: High ping players   High ping players I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2015 12:02 pm

The issue with high ping players that have some talent is that if they are moving where you see them is not actually where they are so you have to lead them. On top of that the antilag delays hit registration further impeding your ability to kill them and giving them a shot at killing you first. I have never been a fan of antilag as in many cases it gives unfair advantage to those players that know how to use it.
Back to top Go down
ORGMaster

High ping players Empty
PostSubject: Re: High ping players   High ping players I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2015 7:15 pm

When the bulk of the server's traffic consists of high ping players it does make sense to turn antilag on to keep that traffic coming. But as mentioned above it creates an unfair advantage favoring the high ping player if they know how to exploit it. I'm not a fan of it either.
Like HEA said... You need to lead them if they are moving laterally as you face them. Straight to and away shots are still normal.
Bump your MAX-FPS (/com_maxfps xxx) up to match your systems performance and there are a few other tweaks you can do to better match your rig and connection to the game.... like "/snaps xx", "/cl_maxpackets xxx" etc.
Looks like the TDM server is running antilag while the FFA server is not.
Back to top Go down

High ping players Empty
PostSubject: Re: High ping players   High ping players I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2015 6:46 am

Thanks Hate and Org. Helps clear it up for me. Appreciate the info.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

High ping players Empty
PostSubject: Re: High ping players   High ping players I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

High ping players
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
sc. Clan :: General Discussion-
Jump to: