sc. Clan
Welcome to the home of the Scare Clan sc. Please be respectful and welcome.
sc. Clan
Welcome to the home of the Scare Clan sc. Please be respectful and welcome.
sc. Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WELCOME TO THE HOME OF THE SCARE CLAN

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Server

Go down 
+2
sc.neVar<3|C
sc.Terminator
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sc.Terminator
Commander
Commander
sc.Terminator

New Server Empty
PostSubject: New Server   New Server I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 12:42 am

SC's new server. I threw up something for a start. 8.3.28.84. So new its not posting on master server list. Manually enter it as a favorite.

Bring it......Some of you might have played this before. ALIENS!
Back to top Go down
sc.neVar<3|C
Commander
Commander
sc.neVar<3|C

New Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Server   New Server I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 6:49 am

If it's not showing up on the master server list, you might need to change the filter on mods to on/yes and quick refresh. Then the entire list of modded servers and the sc alien server should show up.
Back to top Go down
sc.Terminator
Commander
Commander
sc.Terminator

New Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Server   New Server I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 4:24 pm

It was the ever present port issue with gameservers. all is fixed. Port 28960
Back to top Go down
sc.PetiteMoose|A
Administrator
Administrator

New Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Server   New Server I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 12:12 am

Did a little research and found out how to go direct to a server. Had a BLAST even tho I was there alone LoL. I like the jumping ability and speed. No lag, no hesitation and clean bright graphics.
When I left the game I was a little dismayed that I had lost all of my Custom setups though. No big deal as I change them often anyway.
Jr is gonna LOVE it! can't wait to see what the opposition ( aliens ) will look like
Back to top Go down
sc.CroW|C
Commander
Commander
sc.CroW|C

New Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Server   New Server I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 5:43 pm

Good deal thanks for sharing...
Back to top Go down
https://scareclan.forumotion.com
sc.PetiteMoose|A
Administrator
Administrator

New Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Server   New Server I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 11:20 pm

Question ...
Tried playing the new server tonight and some weird things are happening. I entered the server address manually and the computer locked up and COD crashed mid load. Now I have lost the ~ key to bring up the command line. Is there another way to bring up the command line? Without uninstalling and reinstalling COD is there a way to reset it?
Back to top Go down
sc.Terminator
Commander
Commander
sc.Terminator

New Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Server   New Server I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 11:57 pm

try resetting your controls.
Back to top Go down
sc.PetiteMoose|A
Administrator
Administrator

New Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Server   New Server I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 9:55 am

Restarted the PC did no good. Reset the controls to default settings did no good either. Any other suggestions?
I have no problem un-installing and re-installing the game but last time I did that i lost my profile to "corruption" and do not want to have to start all over.
Back to top Go down
sc.Toxic*|C
Administrator
Administrator
sc.Toxic*|C

New Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Server   New Server I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 11:55 am

Save your whole game folder to a 16G flash drive if you do, then you can re-enstall the game and overwrite the whole folder and you should be fine ... Smile
Back to top Go down
http://chownsecurity.com
sc.Toxic*|C
Administrator
Administrator
sc.Toxic*|C

New Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Server   New Server I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 12:25 pm

BTW - I had a blast playing on this new server and will spend more time on it Smile
Back to top Go down
sc.PetiteMoose|A
Administrator
Administrator

New Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Server   New Server I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 12:55 am

Terminator ... THANKS!  Had a GREAT time on the new server and the maps tonight. Jr and I will be on there tomorrow night having a blast. Anybody can feel free to stop in and shoot me LoL

Hope I can remember the spots you showed me Wink
Back to top Go down
sc.Toxic*|C
Administrator
Administrator
sc.Toxic*|C

New Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Server   New Server I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 11:42 am

Hey Term, Maybe we should Narrow the Map selection down to that heavily modified Large map for a while to help familiarize with it, as it is so new to most of us I presume Smile
Back to top Go down
sc.Terminator
Commander
Commander
sc.Terminator

New Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Server   New Server I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 9:45 pm

Yes, I will do that. I was a bit worried that some players would be against the download of custom maps. If anybody gets tired of the maps, I have a library of about 65 maps, and about 8 mods.
Back to top Go down
sc.Terminator
Commander
Commander
sc.Terminator

New Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Server   New Server I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 12:10 am

okay, 2 custom maps are in rotation, backlot2 and village.

Back to top Go down
sc.PetiteMoose|A
Administrator
Administrator

New Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Server   New Server I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 12:16 am

I like all that we played last night Smile
Back to top Go down
sc.PetiteMoose|A
Administrator
Administrator

New Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Server   New Server I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 6:32 pm

FYI ... Found the resolution to the issue of no command line.
Found that the Command line was turned OFF in one of the inner Options menus. Simple click fixed it all
SO for future reference ... there u go
Back to top Go down
sc.PetiteMoose|A
Administrator
Administrator

New Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Server   New Server I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 5:46 pm

Server crashed again. The other night a few of us were on the new alien server goofing off and the server crashed. We assumed it was because we were using the unlimited ammo mode and it overloaded. Today Jr and I were on ( 7/26/13 16:40 est ) and saw two guys attempting to join. One I forget the name but the other was "relentless". Server crashed again and I wrote down the error messge. It is the same message we got the other night ...

sc.PetitMoose|R FS_HandleForFile:none free  

Looked on Jr's PC and he had the same message but with his handle in front
Hope this helps  Smile

Oh  ... we were in the Back Lot both times
Back to top Go down
sc.Terminator
Commander
Commander
sc.Terminator

New Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Server   New Server I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 10:06 pm

Thanks for the heads up. It is hard to run mods on 1.2. It wasn't designed to be modded or have a re-direct download. It was either 1.4 or 1.5 that really stabilized COD4 for mods. That is why you have the unlocalized errors in names and headers. It will probably never be totally stable, and I have to restart daily. It's too bad that updates weren't required to play, so everybody would be on the same page as far as version. I have about 6 mods that just wont work in 1.2. It is too bad some are very fun. Only a few maps work also, as compared to hundreds that work with 1.7. Clan members can vote on the next map at the end of the game, so nobody is tied to a pre-determined map rotation.

Back to top Go down
sc.PetiteMoose|A
Administrator
Administrator

New Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Server   New Server I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 1:34 am

BY version 1.2 are you referring to the version of COD on my PC of the format on the server? If it is the version on my PC ... can I upgrade and still play on unmodded servers like the sc.FFA server?
How would I go about obtaining upgrades?
Back to top Go down
sc.Terminator
Commander
Commander
sc.Terminator

New Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Server   New Server I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 10:55 am

That is the kicker. If you have 1.2, you can only play on a 1.2 version server. I have dual COD4's installed. One is 1.2, the other is 1.7 on the same PC. Patches for upgrades can be downloaded.
Back to top Go down
sc.PetiteMoose|A
Administrator
Administrator

New Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Server   New Server I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 4:38 pm

Aww that stinks! Why would they not make it backward compatible?!?!?!
Back to top Go down
sc.Terminator
Commander
Commander
sc.Terminator

New Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Server   New Server I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 4:43 pm

yes, its been a problem from day one.
Back to top Go down
sc.CroW|C
Commander
Commander
sc.CroW|C

New Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Server   New Server I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 11:18 am

there is a way to run both versions I forget exactly how I did it but Nevar still does it and should remember how its done.
Back to top Go down
https://scareclan.forumotion.com
sc.neVar<3|C
Commander
Commander
sc.neVar<3|C

New Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Server   New Server I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 4:02 am

I actually have duel patched games. Therefore I have TWO iw3mp.exe files, one for patch 1.2 and the other for patch 1.7. The sc servers run on 1.2 and in 1.7 i wouldn't be able to pplay in any sc servers. Meaning that I am in a completely different community (most are assholes compared to 1.2). A guy name dinnozzo told me he can play on either patch with just 1 iw3mp.. So i figure it is possible but most likely complicated as hell. Maybe if you could merge the dll files for the pb as well as the main executables and find a way to merge those with both patches as well.. even then it may not be the best idea as it could cause instability.
Back to top Go down
sc.Terminator
Commander
Commander
sc.Terminator

New Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Server   New Server I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 10:17 am

I have both versions on my computer. You rename your 1.2 directory. Then you re-install COD4. You then patch up to 1.7. I put two start up shortcuts on my desktop. One for 1.2 and the other for 1.7.
It works, but hardly anybody plays 1.7
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Server   New Server I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Server
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next