sc. Clan
Welcome to the home of the Scare Clan sc. Please be respectful and welcome.
sc. Clan
Welcome to the home of the Scare Clan sc. Please be respectful and welcome.
sc. Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WELCOME TO THE HOME OF THE SCARE CLAN

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Read any good books lately?

Go down 
+3
sc.CroW|C
sc.CraZy|C
sc.Rafe|A
7 posters
AuthorMessage
sc.Rafe|A
Administrator
Administrator
sc.Rafe|A

Read any good books lately? Empty
PostSubject: Read any good books lately?   Read any good books lately? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 11:03 pm

Like the title asks, can anyone recommend a good book or two. I'm running out of stuff I haven't read and thought I'd get some opinions before I head to the bookstore next week. Thanks
Back to top Go down
sc.CraZy|C
Commander
Commander
sc.CraZy|C

PostSubject: Re: Read any good books lately?   Read any good books lately? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 11:35 pm

I just finished reading Swallowing Stones by joyce mcdonald. Its about this kid who messes around with a gun shoots a bullet in the air next day it kills someone but noone knows its him.
Back to top Go down
sc.Rafe|A
Administrator
Administrator
sc.Rafe|A

PostSubject: Re: Read any good books lately?   Read any good books lately? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 12:08 am

Sounds kinda interesting. Actually had that happen about 25 miles from where I live. Kid took a shot at a hawk that was sitting on a telephone pole with a .243 and hit a guy almost 2 miles away who standing at his grill cooking hamburgers. Messed up stuff.
Back to top Go down
sc.CraZy|C
Commander
Commander
sc.CraZy|C

PostSubject: Re: Read any good books lately?   Read any good books lately? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 12:22 am

wow that's some crazy stuff. I don't read many books i just can never find the right one for me lol.
Back to top Go down
sc.Rafe|A
Administrator
Administrator
sc.Rafe|A

PostSubject: Re: Read any good books lately?   Read any good books lately? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 12:34 am

Well, what are you into. I read a book a week, so I could probably point you in the right direction.
Back to top Go down
sc.CraZy|C
Commander
Commander
sc.CraZy|C

PostSubject: Re: Read any good books lately?   Read any good books lately? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 1:18 am

Well really anything that is interesting and has a good story to it. i prefer Non-fiction books.
Back to top Go down
sc.CroW|C
Commander
Commander
sc.CroW|C

PostSubject: Re: Read any good books lately?   Read any good books lately? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 11:37 am

Rafe_131 wrote:
Sounds kinda interesting. Actually had that happen about 25 miles from where I live. Kid took a shot at a hawk that was sitting on a telephone pole with a .243 and hit a guy almost 2 miles away who standing at his grill cooking hamburgers. Messed up stuff.

A few years ago a guy was shooting birds on the fourth of july with a .22 caliber rifle and a bullet hit my motherinlaw in the foot who was almost a mile away sitting by the lake on a reclined lawn chair. Always remember collateral damage from those actions in which people don't think about.
Back to top Go down
https://scareclan.forumotion.com
DroiD|H

PostSubject: Re: Read any good books lately?   Read any good books lately? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 2:22 pm

I prefer fiction books that are fantasy/adventure.
Back to top Go down
sc.neVar<3|C
Commander
Commander
sc.neVar<3|C

PostSubject: Re: Read any good books lately?   Read any good books lately? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 3:19 pm

I take AP english currently and well our teacher loves making us read books for projects, from which she assigns. A book I had found very interesting is a book called, Kindred by Octavia E. Butler. It's about a black girl named Dana, who has a link to the 1800's (slavery time), and she somehow ends up going back and forth between her time and the slavery time, It's really amazing. And the reason she ends up[ going back into to is to save a guy named Rufus. You should read it sometime, I recommend it.
Back to top Go down
sc.Rafe|A
Administrator
Administrator
sc.Rafe|A

PostSubject: Re: Read any good books lately?   Read any good books lately? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 4:02 pm

DroiD, have you ever read any of the Wheel of Time series? If you haven't, I highly recommend you give it a look. There's 14 books in the series. Very good fantasy-adventure fiction. (Think Lord of the Rings on steroids)

neVar, you're right, that is a good book. Sorta hard to follow at first, but good none the less. If you dig that kind of "try and wrap your head around this" style story, you'd probably like The Dark Tower series by Stephen King. It's not horror. More action-adventure than anything. Very good series.
Back to top Go down
sc.neVar<3|C
Commander
Commander
sc.neVar<3|C

PostSubject: Re: Read any good books lately?   Read any good books lately? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 4:59 pm

No offense, well not sure if this counts as offensive, but you remind me of my English teacher. You are quite articulate and you know your way with literature, that's awesome. Also, I'll read just about any book, books are awesome in my opinion, but nonetheless, I digress and say, thanks for the suggestion.
Back to top Go down
sc.Rafe|A
Administrator
Administrator
sc.Rafe|A

PostSubject: Re: Read any good books lately?   Read any good books lately? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 10:34 pm

No offense taken, neVar. Actually, I went to college for Instructional Literature with a minor in psychology. But, college and I didn't agree, so I pulled a stint in the Army until I "found myself". Turns out, I was much better with a battle rifle than I would have been teaching 8th graders the nuances of American vs. English literature. Now I work for an agricultural supply company as a custom applicator, which has nothing to do with rifles or books. Go figure.
Back to top Go down
sc.CroW|C
Commander
Commander
sc.CroW|C

PostSubject: Re: Read any good books lately?   Read any good books lately? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 2:12 pm

You are scaring the crap out of him don't let him fool you lmao..
Back to top Go down
https://scareclan.forumotion.com
Kettz

Kettz

PostSubject: Re: Read any good books lately?   Read any good books lately? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 4:37 pm

**ScaRe**DroiD wrote:
I prefer fiction books that are fantasy/adventure.

Like Rafe said, you should really try Robert Jordan's Eye of the World and see if you like where it's going. It's a great fantasy/adventure novel.
Back to top Go down
sc.RaGnaR|C
Administrator
Administrator
sc.RaGnaR|C

PostSubject: Sorry for the late-late reply!   Read any good books lately? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 12:27 am

I was browsing around the forum when i stumbled across this thread.

Try ebooks.
I know nothing can replace a book you own, hold in your hands and put in your library but i found some pretty nice reading there....for free.

You can sample or read every book in their repertoir and then decide to buy or not at the book store.

You might stumble across something you like enough to buy.

Back to top Go down
sc.Rafe|A
Administrator
Administrator
sc.Rafe|A

PostSubject: Re: Read any good books lately?   Read any good books lately? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 3:52 pm

Yeah, Ragnar, I agree. I have a Kindle that I use every day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Read any good books lately?   Read any good books lately? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Read any good books lately?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
sc. Clan :: General Discussion-
Jump to: