sc. Clan
Welcome to the home of the Scare Clan sc. Please be respectful and welcome.
sc. Clan
Welcome to the home of the Scare Clan sc. Please be respectful and welcome.
sc. Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WELCOME TO THE HOME OF THE SCARE CLAN

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How Do I make myself jump better?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sc.PetiteMoose|A
Administrator
Administrator

How Do I make myself jump better? Empty
PostSubject: How Do I make myself jump better?   How Do I make myself jump better? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 12:48 am

I see a lot of guys that are able to jump 30% farther than i can and was wondering how to accomplish that. My FPS is set to 111 as that is a pretty constant number. I had it set to 125 but it would jump all over the world from 35 to 134. Not that it is at 111 I go from 79 to 114. I think it is more stable.

Maybe my fps has noting to do with jumping ability ... somebody splain to me please Smile
Back to top Go down
ser1ous

PostSubject: Re: How Do I make myself jump better?   How Do I make myself jump better? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 1:39 am

your fps has everything to do with jumping, the most commonly used ones are 125, 250, and 333. the game runs on the quake engine and setting your fps to one of those three values will give you a jump height boost. you also would need to learn to strafe jump to jump farther than normal, you can find loads of tutorials that can give you the basics on how to do this.. a site worth checking out for jumping: http://www.codjumper.com/   if your unable to get a steady 125 fps then you should lower your settings such as screen resolution or  get a cfg that will help boost your fps http://cod4.cfgfactory.com/skins/category/34  or http://www.cod4-configs.com/ are good sites with alota decent choices.
Back to top Go down
sc.neVar<3|C
Commander
Commander
sc.neVar<3|C

PostSubject: Re: How Do I make myself jump better?   How Do I make myself jump better? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 10:18 am

A good idea is to lower your settings as this will boost the frames per second that you are getting. The fps hotspots for the quake engine are 125, 250, and 333. Each providing their own benefit. Ser1ous is right about learning to strafe, as it provides benefits of getting around the map better, smoother, and faster(as everyone has seen me do at least once). There are some commands that need to always be turned off to increase fps and make the game look cleaner and smoother. Your resolution and refresh rate need to be as high as possible. next make sure the rest of the options are on low or off. You next need to open your console (~) <-- tidle key (or however it is spelled) and type these commands in.

/cg_fov 80
/com_maxfps 250 (125 if u can't reach 250)
/r_drawdecals 0   (REMOVES TRASH, BIG FPS BOOST - A MUST HAVE)
/cg_brass 0
/cg_blood 0
/com_hunkmegs 512     (this number should be set to half of your RAM)
/snaps 30
/cl_maxpackets 100
/cl_packetdup 2       (or 1, depending on your ping I say 60+ use 2, 59- use 1)
/sm_enable 0
/r_smc_enable 0
/r_rendererpreference 0
/r_drawsun 0
/r_lodscalerigid 4  (removes grass)
/r_drawwater 0
/fx_marks 0
/r_aaalpha 0

These commands help improve performance as I have tested each one of them and they drastically improve and others just slightly.

Also, a strafe tutorial can be found on this promod player's youtube (prodragon71 - hes a pro SMG) I'll link it for everyone to see.

Back to top Go down
sc.PetiteMoose|A
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: How Do I make myself jump better?   How Do I make myself jump better? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 3:41 pm

Will be applying these changes this afternoon Smile I will let you know if i somehow manage to blow up my pc LoL
Back to top Go down
sc.neVar<3|C
Commander
Commander
sc.neVar<3|C

PostSubject: Re: How Do I make myself jump better?   How Do I make myself jump better? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 4:12 am

So how'd it go?
Back to top Go down
sc.PetiteMoose|A
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: How Do I make myself jump better?   How Do I make myself jump better? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 9:22 am

VERY well TYVM Smile I am able to move and jump much better allowing me to do some of the easier climbs and clears. The rest will come with time and practice. It seems to have helped my frame rate stability as well. Very good suggestions, THANKS!

Now I gotta work on the strafe jumping Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Do I make myself jump better?   How Do I make myself jump better? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How Do I make myself jump better?
Page 1 of 1